Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Frugal Invitations

One of my many hobbies is to make invitations for people. As soon as someone makes an announcement, I usually jump up and say, "I'll make the invitations!" The invitation on the left was for my sister-in-law's wedding and yes, she wanted camoflauge for her colors. The invitation on the right was one I made for my college graduation. I could not bring myself to pay the hundreds of dollars on the invites from the university. These invitations will fit in a standard greeting card envelope which you can usually find a 50-count box for around $3. Also, to bring your costs down further, you can purchase the card stock from Hobby Lobby when they mark it down to 50% off.

Each invitation is one piece of 8 x 5.25 piece of cardstock on the bottom then a 7 x 3.75 piece of carstock, with the information printed on it, glued on top of that and finally a 4.5 x 7.5 piece of vellum on top. Punch two holes through the vellum and bottom piece of cardstock and tie it with a 16" long ribbon. Voila! Custom invitations! If you have any questions about the process you can email me at savingscafe@gmail.com or post a comment.

No comments: