Sunday, December 7, 2008

Frugal Tree Skirt

For the past few years, I have really been into the idea of a Christmas forest. So, I purchased 3 skinny pre-lit trees of varying sizes and I group them together to achieve the look. This year though, I have one in my dining room and one on each side of my sofa. It looks really Christmas-y in here! Since a normal tree skirt wouldn't work really well, I looked for something different. I wanted to achieve the look of snow so I purchased 2-1/2 yards of white fleece on sale at Hancock Fabrics for $2.22 a yard. I cut it into three strips to drape around each of the trees. Next, I tucked the edges under to make it look a little more natural. Now my trees look like they have a blanket of snow around them. The best part is, this idea would work on any Christmas tree! If you have one big tree then you could really fluff it up and make it look snowy. Oh, and theres my paint buckets as gift baskets!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That IS a really cute idea. Thank you for sharing.